The following events occured in the year 1904.
- Theodore Roosevelt elected President.
- New York City's first official subway system began operation.
- Helen Keller, first deaf-blind person to graduate from college
- Iced Tea first introduce at the St. Louis World's Fair
- Pavlov receives Nobel Prize for discovery of conditioned reflexes.
- Ambrose Fleming invents the diode tube, improves radio communication.
- A photograph is transmitted by wire in Germany.
- Invention of the telephone answering machine.
- Start of construction of the Panama Canal.
- Woman arrested in NYC for smoking a cigarette in an open car on Fifth Avenue.
- The banana split was created by pharmacy apprentice David Strickler in Latrobe, Pa.
- Village of Scotia, New York Incorporated